SERVES: Makes 12 Scones
VEGAN | TIME: 25 mins
- 3 cups Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 75g non-dairy butter, softened but not melted
- 1 1/4 cups oat or soy milk
- 250g @ashbernfarms Organic Strawberries, quartered and ends removed
- Well & Good Plant-Based Whipping Cream, follow the instructions on the packet
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC bake.
- Place parchment paper over a large baking tray.
- Sift the spelled flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub in the softened butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles almost fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and quickly stir with a fork until almost combined.
- Add the quartered strawberries and use your hands to turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and evenly distribute.
- Working quickly, push the dough out to 2cm thickness and with a floured knife cut it into 12 even-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a round ball and place it on the baking tray leaving 2cm between each one.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool. Transfer to an airtight container and consume within 2-3 days.