Vegan | Gluten-Free
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
This spring noodle salad is an absolute winner for spring this year. Super easy, fresh, tasty and also beautiful! It’s the perfect option for a mid-week meal, easy lunch or to take to a barbeque or picnic.
This salad is extremely nourishing and full of fresh, healthy ingredients. Spring is such a wonderful time for fresh fruit and vegetables, especially with so many of the ingredients being in season!
The dressing for this salad is free from sugar and oils, which are often present in store-bought dressings. To provide some sweetness and balance the traditional Vietnamese flavours in the dressing, we decided to use a little bit of maple syrup.
Simply add your desired protein to make this a complete meal. Grilled salmon, shredded chicken, tofu or your favourite barbeque items. All options will work fabulously.
Recipe by @laura_scherian
- 200g Capital Organic rice noodles
- 1 organic carrot, shredded
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced into batons
- ½ cup organic bean sprouts
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped organic herbs (coriander, mint and Thai basil)
- ½ organic chilli, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts, roasted (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. OWN sesame seeds, roasted (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. OWN black sesame seeds, roasted (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Niulife fysh sauce
- 2 Tbsp Carwari rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp organic lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ fresh chilli, chopped
- Cook noodles and allow them to cool. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a jar and giving it a good shake, or in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Arrange salad ingredients in 2 bowls as desired. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with toppings.