Serves: 10 Medium Pancakes | Time: 20 Minutes | DAIRY FREE (Optional)
Surprise dad this Father’s day with a delicious breakfast! These lemon pancakes are not only super quick to whip up but are sure to leave him feeling impressed by your cooking skills.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup oat milk or soy milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Absolute Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- Handful blueberries
- OWN Bulk Dried Rose Petals
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat and when at temperature add 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter.
- Use a measuring spoon to spoon 2 tablespoons into the centre of the frying pan. When bubbles have appeared over the majority of the pancake, carefully flip it over and cook the underside for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Repeat this process until all of your pancakes have been cooked.
- Using a small heart cookie cutter (or cutter of your choice), carefully cut shapes out of the pancakes.
- Arrange on a plate, top with blueberries, lemon zest, dried rose petals and drizzle with maple syrup.