Dairy Free, Vegetarian
Makes: 10 / Time: 20-25mins
The ideal breakfast or snack for people on the go! These nutrition packed granola breakfast bars are simple, quick and easy; perfect for those who don’t have time to sit down in the morning and enjoy a long breakfast. Alternatively, these bars can also be broken up over a bowl of yogurt and fruit and turned into a breakfast bowl – perfect to be kept in the fridge for the whole family to enjoy.
Recipe by Emily Smith
|2 cup OWN organic oats|
|½ cup OWN blanched almond meal|
|½ cup OWN desiccated coconut|
|¼ cup OWN halved macadamias|
|¼ cup OWN pepitas|
|2 tbsp. OWN goji berries|
|1 tbsp. OWN chia seeds|
|¼ cup raisins|
|1/3 cup Abrosia raw organic honey|
|1/3 cup OWN coconut oil|
|2 tbsp. OWN almond spread|
- 1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2. Add all dry ingredients & raisins to a blender. Pulse for 4-5 seconds [you just want to slightly chop everything but not too much].
- 3. In saucepan add honey, coconut oil & almond spread. Softly heat & stir until combined.
- 4. Add together dry and wet ingredients in a bowl and fold with a spoon until combined.
- 5. On a lined baking tray create a bar shape [or whatever shape you would like your granola bars to be]. E.g. I use my ¼ cup to create the shape of my bars.
- 6. Cook in oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7. *Once the bars are fully cooked I pop them in the fridge to cool I find this helps them stick together more.Enjoy.x