Completely vegan and full of only the good stuff, super versatile too, whip it up with chicken or beef or create a classic vego option, with buckets of mushrooms for a wholesome vitamin hit! The addition of rosemary adds a winter and earthy note to the dish.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 30g sachet Mingle Hearty Stroganoff Seasoning
- 300ml vegan stock or stock of your choice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup soy or oat milk
- Knob of butter (optional)
- Wash the potatoes and cut into 2cm cubes. Place the potatoes into a medium sized saucepan and fill with cold or hot water. Place the saucepan on the stove and bring to boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to a medium temperature and boil lightly for approx 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Preheat a large frying pan on the stove to a high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onions to the frying pan and pan fry until soft and translucent.
- Remove the onions from the fry pan and add the mushrooms to the fry pan. Pan fry the mushrooms on a high heat for approx 10 minutes or until crispy and tender.
- Add the Mingle Hearty Stroganoff Seasoning, tomato paste, stock liquid and a couple of sprigs of rosemary, simmer on a low temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat, drain and add back into the same saucepan. Add salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of oat or soy milk. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until the potato is creamy and fluffy and there are no visible lumps. Add a knob of butter if you wish and place the saucepan lid back onto the saucepan so that the potato doesn’t get cold. Leave the saucepan off the heat.
- When the stroganoff is ready, place a helping of the potato onto a plate and top with the stroganoff. Season with salt and pepper to taste.