If you are looking for something special to make for Mother’s Day this year, look no further. This Blueberry & Macadamia raw cheesecake is divine, it looks spectacular and is something special to make for your loved ones.
This raw cheesecake is full of quality and nutritious ingredients, sweetened only with a little maple and some medjool dates. It is sure to service the majority of dietary requirements and intolerances being dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan and egg-free.
Feel free to adjust quantities to suit the size of cake you want. This recipe makes enough cheesecake for a sheet cake (30.5cm x 20cm), so will generously serve approximately 10 people.
Although this recipe is relatively simple to make, it does require some time to soak nuts and set in the freezer before serving. It can definitely be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. Enjoy this ‘Rawsome’ Cheesecake.
Recipe by Laura Scherian
PREP: 1 Hour
FREEZE TIME: Overnight
Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Vegan | Egg-free
- BASE LAYER:
- 1 ½ cup pitted organic medjool dates
- 1 ½ cup Kunara raw macadamias
- FILLING :
- 2 cup OWN organic cashews, soaked overnight or soaked for 30 minutes in boiled water
- 1/3 cup Kunara coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup Absolute Organic maple syrup
- ¾ cup Chefs Choice coconut milk
- 1 tsp. Very Vanilla vanilla paste
- BLUEBERRY SWIRL :
- ½ Cup Elgin frozen wild blueberries, slightly defrosted
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic maple syrup
- Make base. Place dates in a food processor and process until small bits remain and a ball is formed. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Next, process macadamias to form a meal. Add back in dates until a loose dough is formed. If it is too dry, add a date or two. If it is too wet, add some macadamias.
- Use coconut oil to lightly grease 30.5 x 20ck square cake tin with a removable base or line with baking paper. Use any desired shape and size cake tin, just adjust ingredient amounts accordingly. Evenly press base mixture into bottom and sides of tin. Set aside in freezer and rinse food processor.
- Place all filling ingredients into food processor or blender. Process on high for 5-10 minutes, until a very smooth paste is formed. Scrape down sides every couple of minutes. Remove base from freezer and pour in filling layer.
- Prepare blueberry swirl. Place blueberries and maple syrup in a small food processor or blender and blitz until smooth. Dollop or drizzle onto filling layer and then make desired pattern with a skewer. Cover and place in freezer overnight.
- When you are ready to serve cheesecake, remove from freezer and put in fridge for 30-60 minutes to defrost slightly before serving. Please note, this cake will melt very quickly so serve immediately.