Vegan, Dairy Free
Serves: 3-4 depending on size of ramekins.
Cook time: 15 mins
I am yet to find someone who doesn’t love a decadent chocolate fondant. Warm oozy chocolate from the centre of a cake, I mean how could you not love them? These chocolate fondants are also topped with vegan black forest ice cream, a match made in heaven. So go on, spoil your loved ones this Easter holiday with this drool-worthy chocolate fondant recipe.
For the dry Ingredients:
- 115g plain flour
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large tbsp cacao powder
For the wet ingredients:
- 115ml Pure Harvest Almond Milk Unsweetened
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple sauce (egg replacement)
- 60g vegan margarine (I used Nuttelex)
For the filling:
- 100g organic dark Loving Earth chocolate, broken into cubes
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Coyo Black Forrest Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 3 or 4 small ramekins with butter or oil.
- Place all of the wet ingredients in a small saucepan, then place over a low heat and stir until melted and combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine well, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Fill each of the pudding tins half way up with the mixture, and then place 4 squares of chocolate in the middle of the the mixture. Cover with the rest of the mixture, and then give each tin a tap on the surface to level them out.
- Place on a baking tray, then into the oven for 10 minutes ensuring you don’t over cook them.
- Serve fresh from the oven with a scoop of Coyo Black Forrest Ice Cream and fresh berries.
Recipe by: Maddie Bingham