Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Vegetarian | Nut-free
Prep: 30 MINUTES
Cook time: 30 MINUTES
Who doesn’t love potato salad? This salad looks so appealing, it is full of different textures and is so bright and colourful; the perfect addition to any barbeque or picnic over the festive season.
Potato salad is a regular at my family barbeques. It always tastes delicious and is a real hit. However, mum’s recipe is often not suitable for a lot of dietary needs and has minimal nutritional value. A healthy revamp on the original, this sweet potato salad is now dairy-free, gluten-free, lower GI and has some more greens added to increase the vitamin and mineral content. Feel free to add your own spin on it, throw in some different greens, add some chilli and paprika to your dressing or even some pesto!
- 2x medium organic sweet potato, halved length ways and thickly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- 4x sticks of organic celery, diced
- 1x organic avocado, sliced
- 4-6 organic eggs, hard boiled and quartered
- 2 cups organic baby spinach leaves
- 2 organic spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ cup organic dill, roughly chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup OWN tahini
- ¼ cup Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Global Organics Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. OWN maple syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 200o In a bowl combine sweet potato and olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a single layer on a tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked through and starting to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place all dressing ingredients, except water in a bowl and whisk together until well combined. Add water until desired consistency is achieved. It may separate a little, but keep whisking, it will come back together.
- On a large serving platter arrange salad ingredients. First, baby spinach and then follow with all other ingredients as desired. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Recipe by Laura Scherian