Spiced Pumpkin Protein Bread is a delicious and easy way to get more protein and veggies into your snacks! Prep this loaf to have on hand throughout the week as a ready-to-eat breakfast or enjoy it as a morning tea treat with coffee or your favourite tea!
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Makes: 1 standard-sized loaf | Vegetarian | RSF
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 2 scoops (63g) Whole Earth & Sea Fermented Organic Protein & Greens in
- Vanilla Chai flavour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lovin Body Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Lovin Body Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Lovin Body Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled, pumpkin puree (this is about ¼ of a raw pumpkin, diced into small cubes and steamed for approximately 15 minutes)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 Honest Eggs Co Open Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat and oven to 180 degrees bake.
- Line a standard sized loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Transfer the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold through until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf tin and place into the oven to bake for at least 1 hour.
- When a skewer can be removed clean from the centre of the loaf, the loaf is baked through. If still slightly wet, continue cooking for increments of 10 minutes at a time. This loaf does take a little longer to cook.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top with pumpkin seeds (pepitas), slice into thick pieces and serve either with butter or on its own.