This easy Rogan Josh Curry from Ozganics is sure to warm you up for winter. With mushrooms, butterbeans cucumber and coriander, it is the perfect balance of fresh and flavourful. This recipe can be enjoyed as is for a plant-based meal or add in some organic lamb for a traditional Kashmiri Rogan Josh experience. This simple recipe is a great option for your weekly meal prep to keep you satisfied during the work-week, ensuring you have more time in your day for the fun stuff. Let us know what you think!
Recipe created for Ozganics by @fooddesignstudio
Servings: 2 | Vegan | Gluten free
- 1 jar of Ozganics Rogan Josh Simmer Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 300g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons natural, coconut or Greek yoghurt
- In 2 small bowls, add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Use a whisk to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Use a peeler to peel ribbons from the cucumber and place into one of the bowls.
- Finely slice a red onion and place it into the other bowl.
- Use tongs to coat the cucumber and onion with the vinegar, sugar and salt and allow to pickle whilst you prepare the curry.
- In a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil and once at temperature, add the mushrooms and pan fry until crispy and soft.
- Add the drained and rinsed butter beans and the Rogan Josh Curry Sauce. Reduce the temperature to a low simmer and simmer for 10 minutes so that the flavours develop.
- Serve with the pickled cucumber and onion, a dollop of yoghurt and a handful of chopped coriander.