Prep Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
This kale salad with sea spaghetti & ginger is popular even with people that do not like kale!
Combined with Sea Spaghetti & ginger, it is incredibly nutritious and the colours are striking on a plate.
- 10g dried Pacific Harvest Sea Spaghetti
- 1 large bunch of kale, washed, large veins removed
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled, cut matchstick shape
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup Tamari sauce
- ¼ cup reserved seaweed soaking water*
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Soak the Sea Spaghetti in warm liquid overnight, alternatively cook in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain the Sea Spaghetti, chop coarsely, and set aside. Keep the soaking/cooking water for later.
- Steam the kale for a minimal amount of time until just tender (3-5 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking, then spin dry in a lettuce colander. Chop or tear into bite-size pieces.
- Add the kale to a salad bowl with the Sea Spaghetti. Sprinkle with the ginger and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.