This Creamy Mushroom Pasta is the perfect comfort meal that is easy to prepare and will be on the table in 30 minutes. Made with cashews, the sauce is deliciously dairy-free providing your family with a meal that can be enjoyed by all.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
Servings: 2 | Dairy free | Gluten free | RSF
- 1 punnet of Bulla Park Organic Shiitake or Cup Mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 punnet of Bulla Park Organic Oyster Mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter
- 250g Maidea Gluten Free Tagliatelle Pasta, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons San Elk Certified Organic Vegetable Stock, stirred into 1 cup of
- boiling water
- 1 cup Flannerys OWN Organic Cashew Nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
Drizzle of olive oil & extra cracked pepper
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Preheat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and the diced onion and garlic and cook until the onion is shiny and translucent.
- Add the onion and garlic to a high-speed blender with the stock water (once cooled), cashew nuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside to thicken slightly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegan butter and add the sliced mushrooms. Pan fry on high heat until crispy, golden and cooked through.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce and transfer it to a serving plate or bowl. Top the pasta with the crispy mushrooms and drizzle extra cashew sauce over them.
- Serve your creamy mushroom pasta with a drizzle of good-quality olive oil and a sprinkle of cracked pepper.