Classic ANZAC Biscuits with a healthier twist!
Recipe by: @fooddesignstudio
Servings: 12 biscuits | Nut free | Time: 40mins
- 1 cup Flannerys OWN Spelt Flour
- 1 cup Flannerys OWN Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Flannerys OWN Desiccated Coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Pure Harvest Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons boiling water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees bake. Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the spelt flour, coconut, rolled oats, sugar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Over low heat, gently melt the butter to a liquid. Add the rice malt syrup, whisk well to combine and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the boiling water with the baking soda in a separate small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the baking soda and the butter syrup to the dry ingredients and fold through to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop a heavy tablespoon of the dough into the palm of your hand. Roll into a ball and place onto the baking tray. Repeat this process until all of the dough has been rolled.
- You should fit 6 balls per tray leaving 2 centimetres between each.
- Gently flatten each ball with a fork.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes if they haven’t flattened out too much in the cooking process, gently push them down a little further with a fork.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on their trays for 5 minutes once they have been removed from the oven. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in a cupboard for up to one week.
Handy Tips & Notes:
Want to try something new? Instead of rolling the dough into balls, try pressing the dough down into a square slice tray, baking for 15 minutes, removing and letting it cool. Then cutting the ANZAC slice into bars!