We were so excited to whip up this delicious vegan creation with Loving Earth?s new ?Dirty Rose? flavour!
Think Turkish delight flavours in a light and fluffy doughnut.
Recipe by @fooddesignstudio
MAKES: 6 Doughnuts
VEGAN | NUT FREE
PREP TIME: 20 mins | SET: 2 hrs+
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tbsp. water, set aside
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 45g pocket size Loving Earth Dirty Rose Chocolate (roughly chopped)
Icing / Decoration:
- 40g Loving Earth Chocolate of your choice
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the flax ?egg?, and icing ingredients. Stir to combine. Add the flax ?egg? and stir again.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the mixing bowl and fold in.
- Spoon approx. 3 spoonfuls of batter into a greased doughnut pan and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place a small heat proof bowl on top of a small saucepan filled halfway with water over simmering heat. Add the chocolate to the bowl and constantly stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place a spoonful of melted chocolate onto the doughnut and smooth out. Place doughnuts onto a large tray, top with dried rose petals and place in freezer for 2 hrs.
- Defrost at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving.