Vegan | Gluten Free | Dairy Free
Recipe by: @lalasplate
This tomato, vegetable and lentil soup is perfect for those cooler days/nights when you’re seeking a hearty, warm lunch/dinner. Packed with vegetables and lots of flavour, this soup is extremely nutrient-dense and is full of immune boosting properties! The base from this soup is from Nutra Organics Vegetable Broth which is also a source of Vitamin B12 and zinc helping in aiding fatigue and helping you feel nourished in both the inside and out. I’m all for well-balanced meals and this soup is a go-to when the weather gets cooler and I want a no-fuss easy meal! It also reheats beautifully, making it perfect for meal prep lunches throughout the week!
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 sprigs spring onion
- 1 leek (ends discarded)
- 3 regular carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 brown onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 6 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup Nutra OrganicsVegetable Broth – garden veggie
- 2 cans Ceres Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 2 cans organic tinned brown lentils
- Salt & pepper to serve.
1. Begin by thoroughly washing all vegetables and soaking in one tablespoon of ACV. I like to leave my veggies to soak for at least 5-10 minutes.
2. Once washed, finely chop carrots, celery, zucchini, leek and spring onion into small bite-sized pieces. Dice onion and mince garlic.
3. In a large bowl mix together 4 cups water with 1⁄4 cup Nutra Vegetable Broth. Set aside.
4. Add avocado oil, garlic and onion to a large pot over medium heat. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent.
5. Add in 1 teaspoon paprika, 3 sprigs of fresh basil, fresh thyme and celery sauté for another 2 minutes or so.
6. Once onion is lightly browned add in canned diced tomatoes, coriander ground, the other teaspoon of smoked paprika, 3 sprigs basil, zucchini and leek and stir well.
7. Add in prepared vegetable broth and canned lentils and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer (while continuously stirring) for 25-35 minutes or until lentils have softened. Add more spices and salt & pepper to taste.
8. Serve warm or allow to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Got some leftover Nutra Organic broth? Try this Tuscan Chicken Soup recipe