This recipe is perfect for when you have time to spare and want to invest in a delicious labour of love. Nutra Organics Roasted Turmeric Broccoli is the perfect gut-loving winter side dish.
Recipe created by Nutra Organics
- 1 large or 2 small heads of broccoli (about 500 g)
- 80 g cranberries
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 tbsp hulled tahini
- 200 g natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Almonds, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower kernels, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp pepitas, lightly toasted
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Remove any leaves and cut away the stalk from the base of the broccoli. Rub the broccoli with melted coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine Chicken Bone Broth with 1 1/2 cups water.
- Place broccoli in a casserole dish, then pour in the broth and cover with a lid. Roast, adding a little more water if it starts to look dry, for 40-45 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 220ºC. Remove the lid and roast the broccoli for a further 5 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the tahini dressing, combine the tahini, yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, and cumin in a bowl. Add the warm water and mix well, adding more water if needed. Season with salt to taste.
- To serve, place the roasted broccoli on a serving dish, spoon on tahini dressing, then scatter over cranberries, almonds, seeds, mint and sumac.