Vegan | Gluten Free | Dairy Free
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
This rainbow bowl recipe is a little gem! So versatile and quick and easy to prepare. It is perfect for an end of week meal and a great way to prevent wastage of fresh produce. Gather all the veggies and/or salad ingredients that are left in the fridge and team it up with whatever protein source you want. Dinner is done!
There are no rules as to what this sauce can be used on, get creative! Also feel free to add a carbohydrate source, such as rice, noodles or even place it all into a wrap for lunch. If peanut butter is a forbidden food item in your household or workplace, this recipe is also tasty with other nut butter or seed butter.
- 1 cup OWN peanut butter
- ¼ cup Niulife coconut sweet chilli sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Spiral organic tamari
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic curry powder
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 can Absolute Organic coconut cream
- 4-6 cups of chopped salad and/or vegetables of your choice
- 2 cups protein, this can either be plant (eg. tofu, tempeh, chickpeas) or animal source (eg. chicken, beef or eggs)
- In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce, tamari, curry powder, pepper, lime juice and coconut cream. Place saucepan over medium heat and stir until combine and heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Divide vegetables and protein between 4 bowls and generously top with peanut sauce.
Recipe by Laura Scherian