Gluten free | Dairy free | Vegan
Makes 16 medium balls
Make time: 20 mins
Is food the way to your loves heart? After the perfect (and quick) Valentine’s Day gift? These blissful cherry truffles make the perfect treat, any day of the year! Spoil your loved one with not only something super tasty, but also filled with goodness.
The tart cherries in this recipe help to balance the sweetness of the dates, making it an ideal after dinner dessert. Tart cherries contain tryptophan and melatonin, both of which are essential for getting a restful nights sleep. An added herb, cordyceps, was snuck in as it is traditionally said to help with energy, stress levels and libido.
Tip: These tasty little truffles become extra indulgent after being kept in the freezer prior to eating as it creates a lovely, chewy texture to them.
- 1/4 cup Ceres Coconut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 1hr)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup Ceres tart cherries
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Dash of vanilla essence or paste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp Superfeast Cordyceps
- Strain soaked cashews and transfer into a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse all ingredients together until a chewy dough is formed.
- Roll into balls and place on tray or container.
- We coated ours in a mix of cacao powder and desiccated coconut, you can get creative!
Recipe by: @scfamilynutritionist