Gluten Free, Dairy Free, GMO Free, Sugar Free
Turmeric is a yellow spice that has been traditionally used in Indian cooking. Curcumin, the active constituent of turmeric contains antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory within the body. Turmeric is fat soluble and should be consumed with a fat source for maximum benefits.
1 cup basmati rice
1 tbsp turmeric
2 tbsp of ghee or coconut oil
1 garlic clove minced
½ chopped onion
1 ½ Cup Chicken or vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried thyme
- Melt 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil in saucepan, add garlic and onion.
- Cook until soft
- Add turmeric and rice, stir thoroughly to coat
- Add broth, bay leaf and thyme and bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 17 minutes
- Stir in remaining butter and remove bay leaf