Makes: 2 bowls
Time: 20 mins
Quick, easy & healthy lunch coming up! These teriyaki tofu bowls are deliciously filling and highly nutritious. Packed with protein, carbohydrates & healthy fats this summery bowl is perfect for anyone wanting to eat something yummy and still kick their goals! This Niulife teriyaki sauce is 100% natural, certified organic, paleo, vegan, soyfree & preservative and gluten free – and not to mention the perfect harmony of salty, sweet & sour.
- Niulife Teriyaki sauce
- 300g hard organic tofu
- ½ cup OWN organic brown rice
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic zucchini
- ½ cup rocket
- ¼ cup chopped red cabbage
- 2 tbsp OWN Pepitas
- 2 tbsp OWN sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup OWN hemp seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop tofu into small cubes and put into a container and cover with Niulife teriyaki sauce. (you could do this the day before and let sit overnight, but it isn’t a necessity)
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and cook brown rice, strain and set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, spiral zucchini and carrot and set aside.
- Half the avocado and top with hemp seeds, set aside.
- Heat olive oil into a pan on medium – high heat. Pour in marinated tofu mixture and cook for about 8 – 10 mins stirring every few mins. (Sauce should become sticky and tofu cubes caramelised).
- Prepare your bowl! – place rocket, cabbage, carrot, zucchini, avocado & rice into serving bowls. Finish with the teriyaki tofu & seeds.
- Serve with a lemon wedge & salt, pepper. If you like it extra saucy you can drizzle some more Niulife teriyaki sauce over the top
Recipe by Emily Smith