We’re sure Mum will love these freshly made for Mother’s Day this weekend. Made with love and topped with delicious berry compote. These pre+probiotic waffles are plant based, healthy and decadent enough to warrant a tablecloth and your best cutlery.
Recipe created by Coyo Organic
- 100g GF flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 mashed cooked sweet potato
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 tbsp. plant based milk
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup1 cup of fresh berries
- 4 tbsp. Probiotic Strawberry COYO Kefir
- 4 tbsp. Probiotic Vanilla Bean COYO Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine almond milk and lemon juice or vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes so the milk curdles.
- Add coconut oil, mashed sweet potato, maple syrup and vanilla into milk and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and stand batter for 10 minutes.
- Once waffle iron is ready, generously coat with non-stick spray + pour on about 1/2 cup of batter. Cook for 4-5 min then remove.
- Keep cooked waffles warm in the oven and make sure not to stack them so they remain crispy!
- For the berry compote, add berries (keep some extra aside for serving!) and water to a small pot. Bring to boil, then simmer on low heat for 5-8min until berries thicken. This will take about 20 minutes. Once cooled stir in the COYO Kefir and store in a jar.
- To serve, top waffles with warm compote, two dollops of Probiotic Vanilla Bean COYO, fresh berries and a sprinkle of chia seeds and hazelnuts.