Vegan | Gluten-free
COOK TIME: 30 – 40 minutes
A crowd pleaser and fantastic snack – Sweet Potato Fries are a great alternative to your regular hot chip. Packed full of more minerals, vitamins & nutrients such as potassium and vitamin A, as well as beta-carotene if your’re using the gold / orange variety.
Zinc & copper are also two key antioxidant minerals within this wonderful root veggie.
Using coconut butter to create a light, whipped dip is a great option instead of mayonnaise. Not only amazing with sweet potato but grilled vegetables or drizzled over meat / seafood. We love coconut butter – a creamy, delicious blend of dried coconut (that’s it!) that is very similar to a buttery or nut butter spread.
It’s rich in lauric acid (found in vegetable fats) which could help boost your immunity & destroy harmful bacteria, thanks to its antimicrobial properties.
Packed full of healthy fats that keep you feeling full for longer, keep it in the fridge but bring to room temperature or slightly warm before serving as coconut butter will solidify.
Crunchy & fluffy on the inside and pair these sweet potato fries with the most delicious dip – give these a try for dinner this week.
- 3 Organic sweet potatoes sliced into fries
- 2 TBS Organic EV Coconut Oil, slightly melted OR use EV Olive Oil
- Himalayan Rock salt
Coconut Butter Mayo
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter
- 1 TBS Smoked Paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 TBS Organic EV Olive Oil
- Juice of half a lime
- salt & pepper to season
- Preheat over to 220oC and line a baking tray
- Slice sweet potatoes into fries and add to a pot with enough water to cover. Gently boil on medium – high heat for roughly 10 minutes, or until sweet potato is softened. (this helps keep the fluffiness inside the fries)
- Drain the water from the pot and drizzle over coconut oil and salt. Shake the pot well to ensure all fries are covered evenly.
- Spread fries out evenly over baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until crispy and brown, rotating to ensure evenly cooked. Finish off under the grill if needed for extra crunch.
- While fries are cooking – prepare the coconut butter mayo by blending all ingredients until well mixed. Season further if needed with extra salt / pepper and paprika. Add more water if mixture is still too thick.
- Serve while hot with extra salt, lime wedges and a sprinkle of herbs if desired.