Dairy-free | Vegan | Nut-free
MAKES: 8-10 flatbreads
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
These sweet potato flatbreads are great! Extremely versatile and can be used for whatever your heart desires. Vary the size to make tacos, quesadillas, wraps or a replacement for anywhere you would usually have bread as a side or to dip!
Try adding different flavours such as fresh herbs and/or spices to these flatbreads, cheese is also a delicious addition. Most flours will work in this recipe, you will just have to vary the quantity. To make gluten-free, simply substitute spelt flour for a gluten-free flour such as Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 flour.
They are super easy to make and something different to share with friends and family. The bonus is these flatbreads can be varied to suit pretty much any dietary requirements! They are sure to turn heads at your next get together.
- 2-3 Tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1 cup organic cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1-1 ½ cups OWN spelt flour + extra for dusting the board (The amount of flour is extremely variable depending on the moisture in the sweet potato, if it is too sticky to roll, add more flour)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2-3 Naked Byron dips of your choice
- In a large bowl mix together sweet potato, flour and salt with a wooden spoon until smooth and starts to form a dough.
- Dust a clean surface with a generous amount of flour. Divide dough into 8-10 equal pieces and press and roll out into 3-5mm thick flatbreads.
- Heat a medium pan or skillet over medium heat and drizzle with a little olive oil. Cook each side of flatbread until lightly brown, 1-2 minutes each side.
- Serve warm with dips.
Recipe by Laura Scherian