A great option for lunch or dinner…and if you’re not into potato, trying using large mushrooms!
- 4 organic sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can of organic tomatoes
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 TBS cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried/fresh herbs
- 1 TBS paprika
- Organic Olive Oil, for cooking
- Shredded vegan or cashew cheese
- Spring onions, finely chooped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake for roughly 45 mins or until tender.
- While potatoes are baking, add onion to a fry pan and lightly sauté in a little olive oil. Then add the beans, tomatoes and herbs. Simmer for 5 -10 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, allow to slightly cool before making a slit along the middle of them. Gently scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Add the sweet potato flesh to a bowl and mash with the yeast, salt and pepper.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with the flesh mixture, beans and top with cheese/cashew cheese + spring onions.