Vegetarian | Gluten Free | Nut Free
Prep: 10 minutes
This Tzatziki is so tasty and delicious, not to mention super quick to whip up and full of fresh quality ingredients. Tzatziki is very versatile and is sure to add some pizazz to any meal this spring. It can be used as a sauce on grilled meats, falafels, burgers or wraps. Tzatziki can also be used as a dip and is a great addition to a grazing board.
Sheep milk yoghurt is used as the base for this Tzatziki. Sheep’s milk yoghurt has many health benefits, including being full of beneficial probiotics, and is made from of the most nutritious milks available. Sheep’s milk is usually tolerated better by the human digestive system than cow’s milk. It is also much higher in protein and many other important nutrients.
- 2 medium organic cucumber, grated
- 1 ½ cups Meredith Dairy Sheep milk yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. organic lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh organic mint, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh organic dill, finely chopped
- 1 organic garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp. salt
- Squeeze grated cucumber one handful at a time to remove excess fluid and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until just combined. Use as desired.
Recipe by Laura Scherian