This recipe is adapted from the Red Lentil Dip recipe in The Lunchbox Revolution!
Not only is it good for you, packed with protein, complex carbs and calcium, it’s super
versatile as you can add a variety of vegies and leftovers!
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Split Red Lentils
- 3 – 4 cups liquid (stock, water, tomato puree)
- 2 TBS tomato paste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 – 5 spring onions
- 2 – 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Oregano, pepper, tamari, tumeric, chilli (to taste)
- 1/2 bunch finely chopped Celery
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 – 2 cups cooked Organic Quinoa Grain
- Lots of chopped herbs, especially Parsley, Chives and Coriander
- Lightly saute onions and garlic, then add everything else.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for approx 45 minutes until lentils are al dente.
- When this mixture is thick it is the perfect dip to serve with Kunara Own Organic Corn Chips.
- To make a hearty winter soup, add the soup ingredients.
This recipe freezes well, so best to make a big pot! It has been a family favourite for 20 years, hope you love it too!