Our Pumpkin Soup recipe is easy to make and is full of nutritious ingredients.
We like to make a big batch and freeze meal sized portions.
The coconut cream is the hero of this dish. It gives a lovely creamy taste & texture as well as a vitamin & mineral hit.
- 1.5kg organic pumpkin, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 4 carrots, peeled & diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tbs Organic Olive Oil
- 1 medium leek or 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock (or bone broth if not vegan/vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 handful fresh herbs of choice (either chives, rosemary or parsley), finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to season
- On a large oven tray place the pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots and garlic. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Roast at 180 degrees until golden and soft.
- Once roasted in a large pot over medium heat add the remaining olive oil and leek (or onion) – sauteing until softened. Add the vegetable stock (or bone broth) and bring to the boil. Add in the roasted vegetables and bring back to the boil. Remove from the heat and blend using a stick blender (or in small batches in a regular blender). Return to the stove over low heat and stir through the herbs and coconut cream.
- Serve with nuts or seeds (we really like to pop some roasted cashews or pepitas on top).