Vegan | Gluten free
Prep time: 10 minutes
This flavourful chickpea salad is packed with nutrients and anti-inflammatory goodness. It’s hearty enough to eat solo for lunch with a dollop of natural yogurt, or serve as a colourful side salad along with your favourite grilled mains.
What nutrients are we talking about?
Turmeric and raw extra virgin olive oil are known for their fantastic anti-inflammatory properties. Chickpeas are a rich source of fibre which has been linked to assisting anti-inflammatory processes, and cumin is traditionally used to support good digestion. This Moroccan Spice Salad is definitely a recipe you will FEEL GOOD about.
MEAL IDEA: Moroccan Spice Chickpea Salad + crispy-skin salmon with lemon-butter sauce.
- 2 cans Absolute Organic chickpeas
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup OWN certified organic pepitas
- 1 small / half a large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of fresh organic spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp. ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- juice of 2 lemons
- Natural yogurt to serve
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Place Chickpeas, cranberries, pepitas, onion and spinach in a large salad bowl and toss.
- Pour over olive oil, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and lemon juice, and toss well to disperse the flavours evenly.
- Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt on top, and enjoy!
Recipe by Lauren Clayton-Smith