Makes: 8-10 serves
Prep time: 30 minutes
Freezer Time: 3+ hours
Vegan | Gluten-Free | Refined Sugar-Free
Mangoes are just the most divine fruit and we are blessed with the best up here in Queensland. They are only available for such a small period of time; we really do need to make the most of them. This perfect summer dessert is gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free.
Plus, it is a goer for the majority of dietary restrictions and full of nutritious wholesome ingredients. Instead of coconut cream, silky smooth, super creamy Coyo yoghurt has been used in this dessert. Adding plenty of plant-powered probiotics and providing beneficial bacteria. This cake can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer until ready to use, making it perfect to plan ahead for Christmas events. Also, it can be made into individual serves or two small cakes. This dessert is fantastic for hot summer days!
Recipe by: @laura_scherian
- 1 cup OWN macadamias
- 1 cup OWN raw cashews
- 1 tsp. Chefs Choice pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup OWN shredded coconut
- 5 organic medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp. Kunara coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Absolute Organic Maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups OWN raw cashew, pre-soaked in water for at least 2hrs
- 500g COYO Natural coconut yoghurt
- 2 organic mango cheeks
- ¼ cup Absolute Organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup Kunara coconut oil
- 1-2 organic mango cheeks, thinly sliced
- ½ cup OWN shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. Absolute Organic maple syrup
- Use coconut oil to lightly grease a 9inch spring form cake tin or line with baking paper.
- Make base. Place all base ingredients in a food processor and process until a loose, dough is formed.
- Evenly press the base mixture into the bottom of the tin. Set aside in the freezer and rinse the food processor.
- Place all filling ingredients into a food processor. Process on high for 5-10 minutes, until a very smooth paste, is formed. Scrape down sides every couple of minutes. Alternatively, whiz in a high-speed blender.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour in filling layer. Place in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours to set.
- Next, make the crunchy topping. Preheat the oven to 150oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl combine shredded coconut and Maple syrup. Then, spread out in a thin layer on the prepared tray. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Allow cooling completely.
- When ready to serve, move the cake to the for an hour or two to defrost. Serve with the crunchy topping and thin slices of mango.