The perfect vegetarian meal that can be added to salads, put together in a wrap or make smaller versions for starters!
- 1 1/4 cups Certified Organic Chickpeas, soaked overnight in cold filtered water and then drained
- 1 TBS Certified Organic Hulled Tahini
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground chilli
- 3 tsp cumin
- a handful of fresh coriander and parsley – roughly 1/2 cup – 1 cup
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Certified Organic Coconut Oil for cooking
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, garlic, lemons juice & dried spices – blend until well combined
- Next add the fresh herbs, onion and then generously season with salt and pepper.
- Process again
- Spoon out small handfuls of the mixture (it helps to use wet hands!) and place on a tray. Pop in the fridge until you’re ready to cook!
- Heat enough coconut oil in a deep pan, then add the falafel balls in batches – turn occasionally and cook until golden brown all over (roughly 3 mins)
- Drain on a rack or absorbent paper and serve any way you like!
A delicious cucumber yoghurt can be a great addition to this recipe.
Simply peel and remove the seeds of a long cucumber – grate into a bowl then add some natural Greek yoghurt and grate over some fresh garlic. Mix well.