Vegan | Dairy free | Gluten Free
Prep time: 1 hr
Set time: Overnight
Recipe by @the.sunnystudio
This vegan cheesecake should come with a warning that it is both light and extremely decadent at the same time! It is perfect for sharing with a group of friends for a light dessert. The soaked cashews create a creamy texture to replace the usual heavy cream cheese, the lemon and apple cider vinegar brings out a freshness to help cut through the overall sweetness. We love the creaminess of Coconut Butter that also acts as a setting ingredient with its oil elements.
Be sure to cut up any leftovers and store them in the freezer for some late night sweet cravings.
- 1 1/2 cup OWN walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates (approx 10)
- 1 1/2 cups OWN Certified Organic cashews
- 3 lemons, all juiced, zest of 1
- 1/4 cup Pure Harvest Almond Milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup Chef’s Choice Coconut Butter (melted)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Chef’s Choice maple syrup
- 1 tsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place the cashews in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for at least 1 hour to soak.
- Blitz walnuts in food processor to a chunky crumb. Add dates + maple syrup and blitz again until well combined.
- Line the bottom of a springform tin (or cake tin) with baking paper, (hint: leave some paper poking up the sides to help remove the cake later.) Add base mixture into tin, pressing into bottom with a spoon to create an even base. Transfer to freezer.
- Place soaked cashews, vanilla, lemon juice, almond milk, melted Coconut Butter, olive oil, salt and maple syrup in clean food processor or high powered blender. Process for approx 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- Take the walnut base out of the freezer, and pour the filling mixture evenly over the base, cover and pop back in freezer to set for 8 hours (or overnight is best).
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the freezer and let it thaw for at least 10 minutes. Grate some fresh lemon zest over the top. Using the sides of the parchment paper, carefully lift the cheesecake out of the pan and serve. Store in freezer for up to 3 weeks.