Wheat Free | Vegetarian |Preservative free
PREP: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 20-30 minutes
Crumbles are always a family favourite, teamed with ice-cream, cream or custard, you can’t go wrong. A perfect end to a family meal! Fresh, plump and tasty blueberries are currently in season and available in abundance. There is no better time to bake a blueberry crumble.
The superstar of this dish, the humble blueberry, has a ‘superfood’ status, signifying them to be highly nutrient dense. Blueberries are well known for their high levels of antioxidants, vitamins B6 and C, folate and fibre. This is all very interesting, but at the end of the day, blueberries are delicious and good for you. So, get your hands on some fresh blueberries and make this tasty dessert!
- 2 ½ cups fresh organic blueberries
- 1 organic lemon, juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp. OWN raw honey
- ½ cup OWN spelt flour
- 1 cup OWN rolled oats
- ¾ cup OWN coconut sugar
- ½ cup OWN desiccated coconut
- 100g Absolute Organic salted butter, room temperature
- CoYo natural yoghurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine blueberries, lemon juice, lemon rind, and honey. Then pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine spelt flour, oats, coconut sugar and desiccated coconut. Next, add butter and use your fingers to form a crumb.
- Sprinkle crumb over blueberry mixture and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden on top and blueberry mixture is bubbling around the sides. Serve with CoYo or your favourite ice cream.
Recipe by Laura Scherian