Load more greens into your family diet with this easy frittata. Play around and add your favourite flavours, vegetables & meats to this base as well. Perfect for school lunches, mid-day snacks & easy dinner ideas.
- 8 organic eggs
- 1 organic potato, washed skin on or off (you could also substitute for sweet potato)
- 1 organic onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 organic leek, chopped
- Half bunch or organic kale – washed, chopped and stems removed.
(you can also use spinach, silverbeet or other leafy greens)
- 3 tbsp OWN Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
- Himalayan Salt and cracked pepper to season
- Preheat over to 180 degrees
- Over medium heat in an over proof pan/skillet, lightly fry the potato (chopped into bite sized pieces) in oil until soft & golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan to lightly fry the onion & garlic until soft. Next, add in the leeks until golden & fragrant.
- Add the kale to the pan – cook until the leaves wilt, then transfer the potato pieces back to the pan & season well with salt & pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl with salt & pepper – and if you wish to add a little grated cheese or feta to the mix now is the time! Approx. 1/3 cup
- Once the potato & kale are nicely cooked, distribute evenly in the pan & pour the egg mixture over. Lightly lift and swirl to distribute evenly, then turn the heat to medium/low and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes or until the egg mixture is almost set on the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven (you can also add a little more cheese to the top if you wish) and leave until the egg is completely cooked but still soft. (2 – 4 mins)
- Use a spatula to loosen the edges of the frittata from the pan and transfer to a plate to serve.