Vegan | Gluten free
Prep time: 5 minutes
Take your hot-choc game up a level with this delicious sweet hot cacao recipe worthy of replacing a winter dessert. It’s believed reishi may have a calming affect on the body and can assist in promoting a more restful sleep, making this a great wind-down ritual before bed time.
- 1 cup milk of choice, we love Nutty Bruce coconut & almond
- 1 heaped tsp. OWN cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. Absolute Organic coconut cream
- ¼ – ½ tsp. SuperFeast Reishi powder
- 1 tsp. OWN smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp. Maple Syrup, we love Absolute Organic
- In a small pot, bring your chosen milk to a low simmer (low – medium heat).
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Once liquid is hot, pour into your favourite mug and ENJOY!
- (If you have a milk steamer handy, you can combine all additional ingredients in a mug with a splash of hot water. Stir, and add your frothed milk).
Recipe by Lauren Clayton-Smith