By Nadia Shaw, Naturopath
It’s so exciting heading on a trip and it’s good to be prepared for long haul flights or extended travel. Here at Kunara we have some luxurious products to keep you pepped, fresh and ready for fun on your holiday.
These are our top 10 must haves for travel:
- Hurraw lip balm – awesome vegan, organic lip balms with mad reviews. These hold up as long lasting and soothing nourishment for your lips. Apply regularly, the aircon during travel tends to dry out the skin. There are so many funky flavours to pick from but our favourites are Chai Spice, Grapefruit, Green Tea and Mint. So, pucker up with Hurraw.
- Cheeki water bottles –staying hydrated whilst travelling will help you to arrive fresh and clear at your destination. To this end, check out the awesome range of Cheeki water bottles and insulated flasks (ideal for herbal tea). Cheeki is a fab Aussie brand and their products are manufactured from Premium Food Grade stainless steel with no inside lining, non-toxic inks and are BPA-Free.
- An enjoyable book! and a neck pillow: pick up a neck pillow to help you relax a bit more when seated for extended periods and then zone out with some excellent reading. Trending now are: The Alkaline Cure by Dr Stephan Domenig, Supercharge Your Gut by Lee Holmes, I Quit Sugar for Life by Sarah Wilson and Clean Living – Eat Clean all Year by Luke and Scott.
- Wotnot bamboo wipes: eco-friendly and great for quickly removing makeup and freshening up. Wotnot bamboo wipes are enriched with Australian certified organic Aloe Vera and are biodegradable.
- A good hand-cream: to avoid dry skin try Weleda Skin Food. We love it!! This is a fix-all skin solution for dry or chapped skin including face, hands, elbows, and knees. Skin Food has a large celebrity fan base and no wonder with all the beautiful built in botanicals such as rosemary, calendula and chamomile.
- Comfy Boody underwear, socks, leggings and tops: these essentials from Boody Australia are amazing. With their motto being, ‘great for you and our planet’ it makes Boody are suitcase-must have. Made from bamboo yarn, the pieces are gentle and hyper allergenic, highly breathable, light weight and dry easily. Our staff give the knickers and the leggings a massive shout out.
- Gut care with a shelf-stable probiotic: the technology around probiotic manufacture has shifted and these days it is easy to travel and maintain good digestive health too. As a naturopath here at Kunara, I often advise clients to continue their probiotics during travel and I recommend Fusion GutBiotic SB+ which contains clinically-tested probiotic strains for reducing the incidence of travellers’ diarrhea.
- Healthy snacks: these can be sparse when travelling, and you may need some extra back up if you are travelling with children. Here are some goodies to pair with your carry-on luggage: Blue Dinasour Paleo bars, Cliff bars, Temole almond chips, Loving Earth chocolate, Whole Kids organic juice poppers and GimMe Seaweed snacks. Come instore to see our wide variety of snacks and we provide options for organic, vegan, free from gluten and dairy.
- Uplifting essential oil: peppermint essential oil is wonderfully uplifting and a dab or two on the collar can help with feelings of fatigue or nausea. For night-time or anxious travellers, a dab of lavender is very soothing.
- Ginger chews: Ginger can stimulate circulation, restore vital energy, ease nausea and headaches and soothe sore throats. The Ginger People Gin Gins chewy ginger candy contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. They are made with fresh ginger and are vegan and gluten free.
Enjoy these fun tips from Kunara and have a great trip!