Gluten Free, Vegan
This alternative to regular cheese has become a kitchen favourite, and we know why…Our versatile garlic cashew cheese is loaded with nutrients, and can be used for anything from a simple platter dip to a flavourful pasta sauce (our personal favourite!).
What nutrients are we talking about?
Richer in nutrients than standard dairy cheese, this flavour bomb will provide you with a healthy dose of B vitamins, antioxidants and essential minerals. Savoury yeast is also a complete protein, making it a fantastic source for vegans looking to increase their intake.
Recipe by Lauren Clayton
- 5 tbsp Own savoury yeast flakes
- 1 cup Own certified organic raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp minced or fresh grated garlic
- 4 tbsp filtered water
- Large pinch of Himalayan pink salt (or more to taste)
1. If you’re able to plan ahead, soak your cashews overnight. However, if you are strapped for time you can soak for just 15 minutes in boiled water.
2. Add the pre-soaked cashews, savoury yeast flakes, miso paste, lemon juice and garlic to your food processor and blend until combined.
3. Add the filtered water and salt, and blend again. Add additional water if desired, and extra salt to taste.