Cook time: 1 hour
With plant-based food becoming ever so popular, this dish is the perfect crowd pleaser to win-over all those sceptical family and friends. Use this cauliflower as the star of the table at any dinner party, and no one will think of veggies as a ‘side dish’ anymore.
What nutrients are we talking about?
Cauliflower is a nutritional powerhouse, full of fibre, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, folate, choline, potassium and manganese. It is also a great source of antioxidants including Sulforaphane, a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to be protective against chronic diseases.
Coconut Kefir is made from fermented coconut water, and is a rich source of beneficial bacteria, known as probiotics. These beneficial bacteria are wonderful for our gut health and immune system.
- 1 whole cauliflower head, leaves removed, stem trimmed off
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Kefir or coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of OWN organic unhulled tahini
- 1 tbsp Absolute Organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 4 tsps of Simply Organic Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic paprika
- 1 cup OWN Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, toasted (to serve)
- Coriander to serve (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- The juice from 1 lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 210°C and line a baking tray with paper.
- Place the cauliflower in a large saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8 mins or until cauliflower is just tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, tahini and maple syrup in a jug, followed by the lemon juice and garlic, put aside 1/3rd of the yoghurt for serving. Then add the curry powder, paprika and a pinch of salt to the original yoghurt. Mix well.
- Remove the cauliflower from the hot water and run under cold water, then pat dry with paper towel. Place on lined tray and use a pastry brush to brush the yoghurt mixture over the cauliflower. Bake for 25-30 mins or until the cauliflower has a golden crust.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, cook the according to packet instructions. Fluff with a fork, then set aside to cool.
- Toast the pine nuts, and then mix them through the quinoa and put on a large plate. Place the cauliflower on top. Serve with the yoghurt dressing and fresh coriander.
- Cut the cauliflower into wedges to serve.
Recipe by: Maddie Bingham