Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Vegan
MAKES: 8-12 balls
PREP: 15 minutes
These nifty little protein bliss balls will give you the taste of Christmas, without the additional calories and processed sugars that are often found in other festive treats. They are super easy to make and perfect to keep in the fridge over the festive season for when you just want a little treat. For something different, why not make your friends, family or even your children’s teachers a batch for this years’ Christmas gift.
To make these protein bliss balls nut-free, substitute the almond meal for oat flour. If you don’t want to use protein powder, leave it out and substitute with desiccated coconut, oat flour or extra almond meal. You can also add some good quality dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs. Get creative with decorating, some ideas include drizzling good-quality melted chocolate, rolled in cacao and cinnamon or desiccated coconut.
- ½ cup OWN organic sultanas
- 4 Tbsp. OWN maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Jimalie coconut oil
- 1 cup OWN almond meal
- 4 scoops of natural protein of your choice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1-2 tsp. Simply Organic ground ginger
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Simply Organic ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Simply Organic ground cloves (optional)
NOTE: mix together spices before adding to food processor.
- Use a food processor to blitz together sultanas, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Add all other ingredients and blitz until well combined.
- Mould into whatever size balls you would like and decorate as you wish. Once made, keep refrigerated.
Recipe by Laura Scherian