Yum’ and ‘fun’ are the two words that describe this tasty chocolate bark. It is a delicious treat that is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free as well as being free from highly processed ingredients and other nasties that often inhabit regular store-bought chocolate.
This four-ingredient delight is perfect to make with others and for others. Get the family involved in sprinkling their favourite toppings, freeze dried fruits, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, cacao nibs and coconut are some of my favourites. Or, even swirls of nut butter! The possibilities are endless!
Recipe by Laura Scherian of Shez’s Kitchen
Vegan | Gluten Free
PREP: 15-20 minutes
FRIDGE TIME: 1+ hours
- ¾ cup Flannerys OWN cacao butter
- ½ cup Flannerys OWN cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. Loving Earth coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Flannerys OWN rapadura or coconut sugar (processed to a VERY fine powder in food processor or coffee grinder)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- tasty toppings eg. Dried fruits, nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, coconut
- Place cacao butter in a saucepan and stir over low heat until melted.
- Stir in cacao powder, coconut oil and sugar, gently continue to stir over low heat until well combined (3-5min).
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Cover tray and place in fridge, allow to set for at least 1hr or until solid. Then break into shards and store in fridge until ready to share and eat.