Vegetarian | Gluten Free
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Bring together the antioxidants found in blueberries, the skin-loving goodness of collagen, the omega-3 content of hemp seeds, and you’ve got yourself a beauty bread!
Everyone experiences that afternoon energy slump and many of us reach for a sugary snack to push through. Unfortunately,, sugar is known to deprive us of that healthy, youthful glow we all aim to achieve; not to mention the havoc it wreaks on our hormones, often leading to acne. So here you go… blueberry beauty bread is a low-sugar, skin-loving snack idea that will help you push through your afternoons for the rest of the week!
- 2 cups OWN blanched almond meal
- 2 large RIPE bananas, mashed
- 1 punnet fresh organic blueberries
- 6 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, we love Absolute Organic
- 2 heaped tbsp NutraOrganics Collagen Beauty powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste, we love Very Vanilla
- 1/3 cup OWN certified organic hemp seeds
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and line your loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer into loaf tin, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and turn out onto a cooling tray for ten minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Lauren Clayton-Smith