Refined sugar free | Vegan | Gluten free | Dairy free
Makes: 17 cookies.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
These fluffy, fibre cookies are packed with prebiotic fibre to feed your gut microbes and your immune system. These bickies will be sure to please the whole family, with the choc chips and provides a low GI, nutrient dense snack for all to enjoy. If the kids don’t love cannellini beans, that’s totally fine because they will never know they’re eating cookies made out of them!
Cannellini beans, almond meal and almond butter contain macronutrients and micronutrients to fuel your body and comfort your heart. 100g of cannellini beans contain 6g of protein 6g of prebiotic dietary fibre, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and zinc, which are essential for energy metabolism, strong bones and hormone regulation.
- 1 x can cannellini beans (400g)
- ½ x cup OWN ABC spread or almond butter
- ½ x cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- ¼ x cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten free all purpose baking flour
- ½ x cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond flour
- 1 x tsp vanilla extract
- 1 x tsp Bob’s Red Mill GF baking soda
- 1 x 80g block super dark chocolate 80%
- 3 x tbsp. OWN coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ x cup Absolute Organic choc chips for the chocolate drizzle
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans.
- In a high-powered food processor or blender add the beans, ABC butter, rice malt syrup, flour, almond meal, vanilla, baking soda, coconut oil and salt and blend until completely smooth and forms a silky consistency.
- Once blended, stir through chocolate.
- With a tablespoon, spoon the mixture onto a lined baking tray into dollops. Be sure to allow enough room between each cookie, as they will spread and flatten when cooking.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, keeping an eye on them to ensure they do not burn as they cook quite fast.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, drizzle with additional melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt.
Recipe by Bridget Hunt