Simon Hill is the creator of the Plant Proof Podcast, Qualified Physiotherapist and currently studying his masters in Nurtrition. You may have read his article in our Spring 2019 edition of our ONE Magazine, on his ‘Vegan Food Pyramid’.
Simon knows how to create a great plant-based meal, and has created the recipe for this delicious Tempeh Poke Bowl! This bad boy is loaded with healthy plant protein, Omega 3 Fats, Dietary Fibre, Iron, Iodine, Folate, Vitamin C and tonnes of antioxidants!
- 1 cup coooked sushi rice (or brown rice) seasoned with sushi vinegar
- 150 g or 1/2 block adzuki tempeh cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup edamame shelled
- 1/2 continental cucumber seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 avocado seeded and sliced in half and sprinkled with sesame seeds
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 2 tbsp kimchi or sauerkraut
- seaweed slices
- pickled ginger
- black and white sesame seeds
- Ponzu dressing
- Fresh lime
Place ½ cup of sushi rice into each bowl.
Neatly place all ingredients around the rice until you have your gorgeous poke bowl.
You can also put all ingredients into a separate bowl and let people construct their own individual bowls.