Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Makes: 15 small falafels
Simple, quick & versatile. These green falafels are perfect for entertaining or for a nutritious lunch. Being baked, these little bites are a super healthy option/alternative to store-bought fried falafels and they taste just as delicious! We recommend leaving out the chilli if you want to serve these tasty snacks to little bellies! They’re sure to be something the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 can absolute organic chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Bobs Red Mill wholegrain oat flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp organic olive oil
- lemon wedge to serve (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees and line a large baking tray
- Rinse and drain chickpeas
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil) in food processor and blend (if the consistency is too dry, add tiny amounts of water and re-blend. If too runny , add 1 tsp of oat flour to thicken) — you should be able to form little balls with the mixture
- Form desired shapes and sizes and place onto baking tray (flatten them out a little and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden – it is best to flip them half way through so each side gets a golden look.
- Best served with tahini dressing, hummus & a squeeze of lemon
- Enjoy! Try it with our Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe
Recipe by Emily Smith