Serves: Makes 10-15 rolls
Time: 35 minutes
Incredibly fresh, healthy and addictive. These rice paper rolls are absolutely delicious with smoked tofu and sliced seaweed sheets. The edible flowers make for a beautiful presentation and add some extra fun whilst rolling. What I like the most about rice paper rolls is that they are so versatile and a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge.
Recipe by Food Design Studio
- 15 rice paper sheets
- 275g Deli Soy Smoked Tofu, sliced into 1/2 cm long rectangles
- 5 sheets Ceres Organic Seaweed Original Snack, sliced into thin lengths
- 1/4 red cabbage, sliced finely
- 1 avocado, stone removed and sliced finely
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups Vermicelli Bean Thread Noodles, cooked as per packet instructions and drained well
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Small punnet of edible flowers
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds for serving
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce for serving
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet over a medium to high temperature on the stovetop. When at temperature, add a tablespoon of sesame oil or olive oil.
- Pan-fry the smoked tofu for a few minutes on one side before turning over.
- Allow the tofu to drain any excess oil onto a paper towel.
- Prepare 2 rice paper sheets at a time by following the instructions on the packet.
- Assemble your rice paper rolls adding the edible flowers on the second to last roll of the rice paper.
- Serve with extra seaweed sheets, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and tamari/soy sauce as a dipping sauce.