gluten free, vegan
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 14 minutes
Makes: 12 biscuits
It feels so much better eating something as delicious as an Anzac biscuit if you know you’re also doing great things for your body. This recipe is packed full of goodness in the form of hemp seeds, oats and almonds, and we’ve added sweetness by using rice malt syrup so these biscuits are great for those avoiding fructose.
What nutrients are we talking about?
Our key ingredients for these protein packed ANZAC biscuits are all known for their protein, healthy fat, fibre and magnesium content. So, rather than loading up on refined sugars found in traditional Anzac biscuit recipes, you’ll be contributing to healthy cell maintenance, stress relief and cardiac health!
Recipe by Lauren Clayton
|¾ cup OWN certified organic hemp seeds|
|¾ cup OWN certified organic rolled oats|
|¾ cup OWN blanched almond meal|
|¾ cup OWN flaked almonds|
|½ cup OWN extra virgin coconut oil|
|1/3 cup Pureharvest Organic rice malt syrup|
|*You can supplement the rice malt syrup for ¼ cup pure maple syrup if preferred.|
1. Preheat oven to 160c.
2. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well using a wooden spoon.
3. Place ingredients in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. Roll the biscuit mixture into 12 evenly sized balls and place on a large baking tray.
5. Bake for 8 minutes.
6. Remove the tray and press each biscuit down flat using a spatula. This recipe needs a little help to flatten.
7. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving.