Gluten free | Preservative Free | Vegetarian | Nut Free
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 25-30 minutes
This feta corn bread is so tasty, versatile and quick to whip up in under one hour. Use this gluten free bread option at breakfast with eggs, to dip into soup at lunch, with a cheese platter on Sunday afternoon or as a side for your favourite slow cooked meal. Don’t be afraid to put your own spin on the toppings. Cheddar and bacon might be more your thing or just simply garlic and herb, the possibilities are endless. Get creative!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill cornmeal
- 1 ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose baking flour
- 1tsp. Bob’s Red Mill xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill baking powder
- 1/3 cup OWN organic rapadura sugar
- 2 large organic eggs, lightly beaten at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1 small organic red onion, thinly sliced
- 150g Baramabah marinated feta, crumbled
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170oC and grease a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Sift baking flour, xanthan gum and baking powder into a large bowl. Then, mix through rapadura sugar and cornmeal.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined. Pour mixture into prepared skillet or dish. Sprinkle on onion, fetta and rosemary, then use a fork to gently mix ingredients into the top layer of the cornbread.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until edges are slightly brown and top is firm. Serve warm.
Recipe by Laura Scherian