Cook time: 1hour
As it rolls into the cooler months, this lemon & chia loaf is the perfect midmorning snack. Packed with wholesome ingredients, you won’t have to feel guilty about devouring a slice of two with a warm cup of tea or coffee. Best served toasted with a spread of butter.
- 2 cups Oat Flour (handy tip: blend OWN organic oats)
- 1 cup almond mea
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup OWN chia seeds
- 1/4 cup OWN hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Nutty Bruce Almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Absolute Organic Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add dry ingredients to food processor and blend until fine powder.
- Add wet ingredients and blitz again until combined well.
- Put into lined loaf tin and cook in oven for 50 minutes. To check your loaf, slide a
- clean knife into the centre, if it’s ready, the knife will come out clean. Note: this is a very moist loaf, so if you prefer it well cooked, leave in for a few extra minutes.)
Recipe by @emjoysmith_