Our Marketplace has a massive special on Fraser Coast Organic Eggs 500g – Was $5.99 Now $3.99 giving you a saving of $2.00 making it the perfect opportunity to stock up on eggs and make this delicious Kale Potato Fritatta.
Load more greens into your family diet with this easy frittata.
Play around and add your favorite flavours, vegetables & meats to this base as well.
Perfect for school lunches, mid-day snacks & easy dinner ideas.
- 8 organic eggs
- 1 organic potato, washed skin on or off (you could also substitute for sweet potato)
- 1 organic onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 organic leek, chopped
- Half bunch or organic kale – washed, chopped and stems removed.
(you can also use spinach, silverbeet or other leafy greens)
- 3 TBS Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
- Himalayan Salt and cracked pepper to season
- Preheat over to 180 degrees
- Over medium heat in an over proof pan/skillet, lightly fry the potato (chopped into bite sized pieces) in oil until soft & golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan to lightly fry the onion & garlic until soft. Next, add in the leeks until golden & fragrant.
- Add the kale to the pan – cook until the leaves wilt, then transfer the potato pieces back to the pan & season well with salt & pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl with salt & pepper – and if you wish to add a little grated cheese or feta to the mix now is the time! Approx. 1/3 cup
- Once the potato & kale are nicely cooked, distribute evenly in the pan & pour the egg mixture over. Lightly lift and swirl to distribute evenly, then turn the heat to medium/low and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes or until the egg mixture is almost set on the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven (you can also add a little more cheese to the top if you wish) and leave until the egg is completely cooked but still soft. (2 – 4 mins)
- Use a spatula to loosen the edges of the frittata from the pan and transfer to a plate to serve.