Wheat Free | Dairy Free | Nut Free | Vegetarian
Prep: 20 Min
Cook: 35-45 Min
Everyone loves a tasty sweet bread recipe! This one is deliciously moist and packed with flavour, the perfect hybrid between a carrot cake and honey loaf. The earthy taste of carrot combined with some attitude from the all spice, and a little sweetness from honey, makes for a tasty loaf with a difference. It is a little moorish and it can be difficult to stop at one slice. Making two pieces at a time is strongly suggested when it comes to this recipe. Toasted or fresh, this sweet bread is great for school lunches, work, a quick breakfast or with a cup of tea. This loaf is sure to sweeten your day.
- 2 cups OWN wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill baking powder
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic mixed spice or cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup OWN organic sultanas
- 2 large organic eggs
- ½ cup Ambrosia raw organic honey
- ¼ cup Absolute Organic olive oil
- 1 cup Jolly Organic apple sauce
- 2 organic carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 180o. Lightly grease and line a loaf tin.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, all spice and salt in a large mixing bowl. Once combined, mix in sultanas.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, olive oil and apple sauce, until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Then add grated carrot and mix again.
- Pour into pan and bake in oven for 40-45 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe by Laura Scherian