Vegan | Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Wheat-free
SERVES: approximately 10 small serves
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
Recipe by Laura Scherian
Moorish’, is the perfect word to describe this sweet, salty, crunchy and very tasty mixture! So easy to whip up or have prepared for when guests pop over this holiday season.
Get creative, use whatever nuts are your favourite or already in your cupboard or add some cinnamon for a hint of Christmas. Feel free to add some dried fruit or your favourite chocolate cut into chunks once the mixture is cooled.
This Sweet and Salty Nut Mix is a great one to make for drinks with friends or to add to a grazing board for something a little different. It will not disappoint!
- ½ cup OWN Almonds
- ½ cup OWN Pecans
- ½ cup OWN macadamias
- 1 cup Eskel pretzels
- 2 cups Cobs organic popcorn (salty)
- ¼ cup OWN coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Chefs Choice maple syrup
- ¼ cup OWN coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 150oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl gently combine nuts, pretzels and popcorn.
- Add sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil to a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until well combined. Continue to cook, without stirring for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove mixture from heat and pour the mixture over combined dry mix, gently toss to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, stir mixture half way through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.